I have been attending Hoe Chapel for about 18 years. That entire time I have been looking at the homemade brackets holding up the Church speakers. Whoever made them had a challenge. Our church meets in an old renovated yellow barn. The walls in this building are far from plumb. Picture the shape of a pentagon, that’s the basic section view of our building. The walls in the sanctuary are around 60 degrees. Roughly 30 degrees out of square from the floor. This actually works out well for the acoustics in the building but wreaks havoc on wall mount speakers. When Chad, the music leader secured new speakers to replace the old blown set we used, new mounts were needed. Chad gave me a few constraints for mount design; first, the speakers were already purchased so I could just measure them up. The new speakers are much taller and heavier. Chad also wanted to be able to adjust the direction of the speakers, left to right. This is not too much of a challenge as the new speakers have female sockets on the top and bottom for mounting but still allowing rotation. The tough one is that Chad wanted them to tilt as well. The old mounts did not have this option but when it was time to install them, whoever did the work, just mounted them at an angle. This worked but in all my years, it really bugged me. Obviously they were not designed to tilt so they just screwed them to the angled wall crooked so that it always looked like the speakers were about to roll right off the mounts. I was so happy when Chad asked me to help him with the new system. I could finally wright this engineering wrong. Of course another constraint is that the speakers needed to be removable, easily. The last challenge was of course the odd angle of the wall that the mounts hang from.
A great friend and contractor, Andy, volunteered to help measure and install the finished product. Once Andy and I measured the speakers and deciphered the angle of the wall, we also verified the location of the studs. These new speakers weigh a ton so we needed to be sure that the new mounts would secure into solid framing. At this point, it was time to make some sketches of a design that would encompass all the given constraints while still remaining under $100,000.
The finished product employs everything that Chad hoped for as well as the Hope Chapel logo subtlety cut into the bracing of the mount. One hand screw secured the speakers in place while a rubberized finish keeps the speakers from rotating or vibrating. Another hand screw tightens agents the bracket to allow for tilt adjustment. I am completely satisfied how they came out. One of the best complements I received is that someone didn’t even notice them holding the new speakers. They tend to blend into the background. This is the type of custom job that Trueform excels at. Give us as many constraints as necessary, a budget and any other pertinent information and my team will knock it out of the park.